Finally, the BSides Lisbon conference came back in 2022! The last edition was 3 years ago in 2019! The conference took place on the 10th and 11th November. One day and half of conferences, workshops and a Capture the Flag (CTF).
Guillaume Lopes from RandoriSec performed a workshop on hacking Android applications using Frida. Here is the description of the workshop:
Android Hacking with Frida (11th November @ 13:45 - 15:45)
Have you ever used Frida? Do you perform security reviews on Android applications? The objective of this hands-on workshop is to walk you through how to use Frida against Android applications. During this workshop, we are going to resolve the OWASP crackmes (from level 1 to level 3) using only Frida. The learning outcomes are:
- Set-up your Android environment
- Usage of the common tools for Android analysis (adb, JADX and apktool)
- Learn to create Frida scripts to place hooks on the fly
- Find various solutions for the OWASP UnCrackable Level 1, 2 and 3 applications using Frida
- Usage of Frida against non-rooted devices
The workshop is suitable for pentesters, reversers, malware analysts, and mobile developers who never used Frida.
If you want to do the workshop on your own, the material is available on our Github repository BsidesLisbon2022-Workshop.
A big thank you to the organisers that made the event a great time!